In episode 70 Juliet & Clinton answered questions about how to stay focused when there are many distractions online, the best systems for managing your business finances, and whether you should offer an online course a second time after it failed the first time.
Listen to the Audio
Download the Transcript
Members – Get the transcript for this show in the Members Program.
Non-Members – Register for our FREE Membership Program here to get access to transcripts of the show plus other exclusive member’s benefits.
Watch the Video
Questions Answered in Episode 70
In this episode we answered the following questions:
“I have a hard time staying focused when I am working at my computer. I find I get easily distracted- sometimes before I even notice I find myself checking email, Facebook, Google or whatever. How do you stay focused on your work when there are so many distractions? Any tips you can provide would be a great help. Thanks Juliet & Clinton. Your show has been a great help to me.”
2. Steven, Boston, MA
“What is the best system for managing finances? I spend so much time tracking things in an excel document and then give it to my accountant each year. I find I forget to track things sometimes and then have to spend a lot of time catching up? I’m also wondering how much I should be spending on my business. What percentage of income is average to spend on expenses?”
“I just had a devastating experience. I developed an online course for people suffering from over or under eating. It wasn’t for people with a diagnosed eating disorder. Rather, it was for regular people who have problems with eating – usually too much.
I developed all the classes and video recorded them and then shared the information about the course on social media. I only had 2 people sign up! I don’t know what I did wrong. I also didn’t know if I should still do the course with only 2 people or cancel it. It was so embarrassed and didn’t know what to do. I ended up cancelling the course, but am not sure I did the right thing.
Also, I am wondering if I should ever try to do it again. I don’t know if I have the courage to do it again. I did so much work. I am so disappointed.”
- Facebook – Social Media Platform
- RescueTime – A personal analytics service that shows you how you spend your time and provides tools to help you be more productive.
- Evernote – Take notes to a new level with Evernote, the productivity app that keeps your projects, ideas, and inspiration handy across all your digital devices.
- Xero – Use Xero accounting software to manage invoicing, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping & more.
- Freshbooks – Small Business Accounting Software in the Cloud.
- Wave app – Wave helps manage invoices, credit card payments, accounting & payroll.
- Join our free members program – Join the Ask Juliet & Clinton free membership program