In this episode, Juliet and Clinton answer questions about whether Pinterest is a good place to market a business, how to come up with good blog topics, and how to limit the amount of time and money spent on the technology needed for an online course.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
Questions Answered in Episode 64
In this episode we answered the following questions:
1. “I spend a lot of time on Pinterest just for fun so am very familiar with how it works and really enjoy the service. I am wondering if Pinterest is a good place to spend time marketing a business? I am a wellness coach. There is a lot of wellness and nutrition advice on Pinterest, but I am just not sure if I should spend time marketing there or how I would go about it.”
“Hi guys. I’ve just started a blog based on your recommendation, but I’m feeling stuck. How do I come up with ideas for blog topics? I want to make sure I have interesting topics that people will want to read, but I’m stuck for ideas. Thanks for your help!”
3. Camile, Calgary
“I am a psychologist in Calgary, Alberta. I see a variety of clients so I don’t have a niche. I’d like to develop some online courses in the near future. I have 2 questions: My first question: Since I don’t have a specialty/niche area for my practice, I am wondering how it would work if I did a course on healthy sexuality. There doesn’t seem to be much out there on this topic.
My second question: I’ve done a bit of research and it seems you need a lot of technology to offer a course online- and the technology is expensive! How can I limit the amount of time and money I spend on setting this up?”
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a visual discovery tool that you can use to find ideas for all your projects and interests.
- Juliet Austin’s Pinterest Account
- Evernote – A digital note-keeping app that syncs between all your devices.
- The Ask Juliet and Clinton Show Blog Post Title Formulas Free Download
- Google Adwords – Paid advertising in the Google search results.
- WordPress – You can create a free website using WordPress.
- Camtasia – Screen recording software.
- ScreenFlow – With ScreenFlow you can record the contents of your computer monitor while also capturing your video camera, iOS device, microphone and your computer audio.
- Zippy Courses – ZippyCourses is a WordPress plugin that enables you to create and sell online courses with ease.
- Vimeo – A video hosting platform.
- Wistia – Wistia provides professional video hosting with amazing viewer analytics, HD video delivery, and marketing tools to help understand your visitors.
- Thrive Leads – A powerful list-building plugin for WordPress.