In episode 70 Juliet & Clinton answered questions about how to stay focused when there are many distractions online, the best systems for managing your business finances, and whether you should offer an online course a second time after it failed the first time.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
Questions Answered in Episode 70
In this episode we answered the following questions:
“I have a hard time staying focused when I am working at my computer. I find I get easily distracted- sometimes before I even notice I find myself checking email, Facebook, Google or whatever. How do you stay focused on your work when there are so many distractions? Any tips you can provide would be a great help. Thanks Juliet & Clinton. Your show has been a great help to me.”
2. Steven, Boston, MA
“What is the best system for managing finances? I spend so much time tracking things in an excel document and then give it to my accountant each year. I find I forget to track things sometimes and then have to spend a lot of time catching up? I’m also wondering how much I should be spending on my business. What percentage of income is average to spend on expenses?”
“I just had a devastating experience. I developed an online course for people suffering from over or under eating. It wasn’t for people with a diagnosed eating disorder. Rather, it was for regular people who have problems with eating – usually too much.
I developed all the classes and video recorded them and then shared the information about the course on social media. I only had 2 people sign up! I don’t know what I did wrong. I also didn’t know if I should still do the course with only 2 people or cancel it. It was so embarrassed and didn’t know what to do. I ended up cancelling the course, but am not sure I did the right thing.
Also, I am wondering if I should ever try to do it again. I don’t know if I have the courage to do it again. I did so much work. I am so disappointed.”
- Facebook – Social Media Platform
- RescueTime – A personal analytics service that shows you how you spend your time and provides tools to help you be more productive.
- Evernote – Take notes to a new level with Evernote, the productivity app that keeps your projects, ideas, and inspiration handy across all your digital devices.
- Xero – Use Xero accounting software to manage invoicing, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping & more.
- Freshbooks – Small Business Accounting Software in the Cloud.
- Wave app – Wave helps manage invoices, credit card payments, accounting & payroll.